Administrating a Rotary Club effectively is very important. Effective administration means you will have more time for the fun side of being a Rotarian! What are the goals your club wants to achieve in the next year and in 3 to 5 years? Develop a plan, set achievable goals and decide how they will be achieved. The year ahead then takes on a purpose and members gain a sense of achievement and 'doing good' in their communities. 'Doing good' is why we become Rotarians. The second part of this resource will give you some information on how to conduct effective club meetings. Hope you find it useful!
3. Managing meetings effectively
3.5. Visit by Assistant governor
Get to know your Assistant Governor, they are there to support you and your club and keep you in touch with what is happening at District level and Rotary International. You club is autonomous but also part of the wonderful Rotary organisation:
- your Assistant Governor should visit at least 4 times in the Rotary year. You may like to invite them to a Board meeting so they can get an idea of your programs/projects
- invite them to present on what is happening at District level and any major events in Rotary International
- when they attend you should fund their meal if the meeting is a dinner/lunch/breakfast meeting
- make them feel welcome, they are there to support you and can often add an independent point of view in difficult situations