- This resource has been developed to support your ongoing learning. The program uses the expertise of members of the District Leadership team, and the resources of MyRotary.
The purpose of the resource is to provide you with information to support the management of a Rotary Club.
Club websites come in many shapes and sizes and are essential for our public image in today's world. The major issue is the setting up of a website and keeping it current where there may be limited capability. At District level we are trying to build a sustainable community of practice where clubs can share ideas and build expertise.
Club websites may :
- Be built using free open source software either by a club member/s or by payment to a website designer
- A ClubRunner site which is a platform developed by Rotary International and is linked to MyDistrict and MyRotary
- A social media site such as Facebook. Many clubs have a website and a social media site as they have different uses.
There area number of issues of which you need to be aware when building and maintaining a site:
- Writing for the web including the use of media
- What are the better free platforms to use
- How to effectively use ClubRunner
The following Rotary Snippet highlights the importance of websites.