- This resource has been developed to support your ongoing learning. The program uses the expertise of members of the District Leadership team, and the resources of MyRotary.
The purpose of the resource is to provide you with information to support the management of a Rotary Club.
Club websites come in many shapes and sizes and are essential for our public image in today's world. The major issue is the setting up of a website and keeping it current where there may be limited capability. At District level we are trying to build a sustainable community of practice where clubs can share ideas and build expertise.
Club websites may :
- Be built using free open source software either by a club member/s or by payment to a website designer
- A ClubRunner site which is a platform developed by Rotary International and is linked to MyDistrict and MyRotary
- A social media site such as Facebook. Many clubs have a website and a social media site as they have different uses.
There area number of issues of which you need to be aware when building and maintaining a site:
- Writing for the web including the use of media
- What are the better free platforms to use
- How to effectively use ClubRunner
The following Rotary Snippet highlights the importance of websites.
- Attracting and retaining members is one of the most important activities for Clubs in today's world. The future of your club and Rotary depends on what you do. It is not easy as people are becoming busier and more mobile so we have to think creatively about how we attract new members and keep them engaged.
To accomplish positive outcomes you need to have a plan. This resource will help you to develop your membership plan.
Marketing your club can be difficult as it requires expertise and abilities on current trends and tools. The District team is here to help you and we will be conducting learning sessions on marketing and communication techniques. So check the District Calendar for upcoming events and ask your Assistant Governor for help to access the services that are available.
- This resource will help you to use Zoom effectively. Zoom is a powerful tool for your club to use to stay connected and to be able to invite guest speakers from across the country and even the world!
In this resource your will learn about:
- District Zoom accounts and how they work
- Using Zoom:
- setting up a meeting
- managing a meeting
- sharing your screen
- recording a meeting
- using breakout rooms
- using the whiteboard
- using chat