Administrating a Rotary Club effectively is very important. Effective administration means you will have more time for the fun side of being a Rotarian! What are the goals your club wants to achieve in the next year and in 3 to 5 years? Develop a plan, set achievable goals and decide how they will be achieved. The year ahead then takes on a purpose and members gain a sense of achievement and 'doing good' in their communities. 'Doing good' is why we become Rotarians. The second part of this resource will give you some information on how to conduct effective club meetings. Hope you find it useful!
2. Strategic planning
Fundraising is challenging and many clubs have some really great ways of raising funds and we will share ideas in this course.
Examples may include:
- dinners and high teas
- high teas
- movie nights etc.
Before you plan an event it is advisable to develop a plan.
Creating a fundraising plan:
- Identify your fundraising needs
- Establish a budget
- Consider and address local laws for fundraisers
- Determine available resources in your community
- Outline the event's logistics (such as selecting the location, ordering supplies, and arranging for set up and tear down)
- Describe how volunteers will be organized
- Consider how to publicize the event
- Provide ways to measure its success
More information on ways of Fundraising on My Rotary