5. Engaging and retaining members
Engaging and retaining members is equally as important as attracting new members. We encourage you to take the time to consider the following points and suggestions.
There are a number of resources available to you to access your club:
Club Health Check
- Your president elect is asked to do a club health check each year (hopefully they will have sent this out to club members). Ask them for a copy of the report if the results have not been circulated.
- This link will take you to a quick assessment of your club and you are able to download the results. Please note: You need to be logged into MyRotary.
Is your club healthy?
- There is a course in the Rotary Learning Center. In summary the course covers: club experience; service activities and social events; membership; your club's image (have an online presence, social media and use the Rotary Brand Center so you have the correct logos etc); and club operations. Please note: You need to be logged into MyRotary.
- Succession planing - plan ahead and offer leadership opportunities to members
- Use committees to get the work done and involve members
- Find out what members like and what can be improved. A good topic for Club assemblies
- Complete the Club Governance checklist to ensure you have good governance in place.
Lots to consider! Worth the effort.
More information on MyRotary. Please note: You need to be logged into MyRotary.