2. Community projects
2.9. Rotary Inspirational Women's Awards - RIWA
These awards recognise service to the community across all sectors. Directed at the non-Rotary community, it is about commitment, dedication, perseverance and proactivity in improving the lives of others across NSW and the ACT.
Often women, especially in country and regional NSW and ACT are the "quiet achievers" whose actions inspire others and make a difference in their communities.
The Awards cover 2 key categories inclusive of Rural, City Urban and Volunteer for each category:
- Young Inspirational Woman of the Year for the 18-30 years
- Inspirational Woman of the Year for the 30+ years
Finalists are selected from each category, resulting in 2 overall winners:
- Young Inspirational Woman of the Year
- Inspirational Woman of the Year
An exemplary number of applications ensured the panel of independent judges from Rotary Districts were challenged as they assessed the three key criteria:
- Community service which best exemplifies Rotary’s motto of Service Above Self
- Personal attributes