Ethics and accountability
3. Effective communicationEffective communication is defined as verbal speech or other methods of relaying information that get a point across. Effective communication is vital for clubs both within the club, in your community and to the wider environment.
Let's first consider verbal communication. Being a President will require you to be able to communicate effectively. Watch the following TED talk by Celeste Heedlee on how to communication more effectively. Celeste makes some really great points.
Apart from verbal communication you need to consider written means of communication:
- having an agenda for all meetings to ensure you stay on track and address important issues
- how you will communicate with club members. Many clubs have a regular bulletin or newsletter to communicate with club members
- advertising club activities on a website and/or in social media
- circulating the District Governor's Newsletter and that of the District Secretary
- promoting the activities of Rotary International
- writing stories for the media about club activities.