2. Community projects
2.2. Adopt a Town
The Rotary Adopt-A-Town Project began as a way of City Rotary Clubs reaching out to our country cousins to support the farmers and their towns.
- Working Rotary to Rotary, Town to Town
- Reaching further through Rotary Clubs 4 hours away who can reach further
- Visit the town and stay in hotels, eat in restaurants, shop in shops
- Sit down and talk to the Rotary Club and the farmers to find out what they want and how Rotary can help
- What Projects can be done together?
- Look at bringing families to the city for a holiday
- Rotary will be there for the recovery
- Form long term links to provide financial, material and emotional support
- Run joint projects with multiple city Rotary Clubs to help areas affected
- Look at running events in drought stricken and fire torn areas to attract tourists